Make a difference in clean tech
WAVE is the leading provider of en-route wireless power charging solutions that overcome traditional battery limitations in electric vehicles by delivering wireless power using electrical infrastructure embedded in the roadway and vehicle-mounted receiver plates.
- Lots of Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options
- Located in the Salt Lake City, UT area
- Highly energized and fun work environment
Current Open Positions
Power Electronics Engineer
WAVE is seeking a talented, versatile, and self-motivated electrical engineer with experience in power electronics, especially with electric vehicle applications. Candidates should have the ability to function in a fast-paced startup company environment where adaptability and flexibility are critical to company success. Responsibilities will include the ability to design, develop, and build power systems in the 5-200kW range.
- 10 to 15 years of electrical engineering experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Master’s degree preferred).
- In-depth practical knowledge and experience with power electronics within power converters.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and validating high-power power conversion systems.
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as Dynamic system simulators (MATLAB), Circuit simulation (SPICE), Power electronic device modeling (Saber), and Electro-thermal modeling of power devices.
- Familiarity with NEC, IEC, UL, and CSA regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Commitment to schedule and milestones with a “get it done” attitude.
- Commitment to quality and change management systems.
- Some travel is required.
- Experience in automotive, industrial vehicles, and electric vehicles is a plus
- 10+ years of experience with product development
- Designing, specifying and validating high power electrical systems with focus on manufacturability and reliability.
- Translating customer requirements into detailed hardware requirements.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and debugging to resolve critical integration issues.
- Managing quality, reliability and failure reporting to ensure continuous improvement and to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Providing vehicle integration support to customers and OEM partners.
- Support project schedule and on time delivery metrics by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Innovate new solutions to WAVE products to increase reliability and to reduce lead time and cost.
Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer
WAVE is seeking a Software Engineer to help design, develop, and validate the advanced charging control algorithms in a real-time embedded environment.
- BS-EE, Computer Science, or similar academic background, or comparable professional experience
- Experience in embedded development
- Familiar with software development process using agile methods
- C language programming and familiarization of assembly code
- Experience in a software version control system (GIT, SVN, CVS)
- Experience with DSRC communication systems based on 802.11p
- Experience in unitary and software integration testing using GoogleTest Framework.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and technical skills, along with the ability to function successfully in a small, focused team environment
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to providing vehicle integration support to customers and OEM partners
- Experience with networking embedded systems
- Experience with controller design for power electronics
- Knowledge of Controller Area Networks (CAN) for embedded systems
- Knowledge in CAN diagnostic protocol for automotive applications
- Automotive-related engineering
- Requirements gathering and verification for software
- Unitary testing and software integration
- Design, implement and validate C based algorithms for different software platforms on Freescale Kinetis and DSC micro-controller family
- Create specification, design, and validation documents
- Help oversee software quality management, including software change management, requirement traceability and non-regressive test strategies
WAVE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination due to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.